Saturday, 11 April 2009

Another bad habit

I don't even like smoking and the after smell particularly sucks. The grotesque photographic on the cigarette pack depicting lung and oral cancer disgusts me. Vainly, i am afraid of staining my teeth further than they already are by my daily intake of coffee and tea. So why do i keep lighting up? No reasons other than to occupy myself when i am among friends who smoke. Somehow it feels like conversation flows with a more relaxing ease when you puff together or maybe it is comforting to hold something in your hand and play with smoke. I will try to keep this little "pastime" at a social level only. I don't buy any cigarettes on my own and i don't keep any with me other than an occasional unfinished pack of cigarillos. So far i have only smoked with a couple of good friends only. Better to keep it that way.

Happy Easter. I look forward to a fruitful and enjoyable time photographing the St John's Cathedral and my old school on Sunday morning. Hopefully the plan stays.

No comments: